(Saturday, 04.01.17) A Triptych on Trees: What Designers Need to Know About the Largest Plants in a Garden
APLD Oregon and ANLD present…
“A Triptych on Trees: What Designers Need to Know About the Largest Plants in a Garden”
Trees are the largest plant in a garden. As we’ve experienced this winter, the forces of Nature sometimes cause them to fall down and create considerable havoc. This program is designed to help designers make decisions about a tree’s existing conditions as well as those made during the design process so your clients will have trees that will thrive long into the future.
THREE TOPICS, THREE SPEAKERS:
- Identifying Hazardous Trees – Scott Clifton, Treewise, Owner & General Manager
- Working With Urban Tree Codes – Catherine Mushel, Portland Urban Forestry Commissioner
- The Best Small Urban Trees – Sean Hogan, Cistus Design Nursery, Owner
WHERE: Ecotrust Building. 721 NW 9th Ave, Portland, OR
WHEN: Saturday, April 1,st, 9:00-1:00, doors open at 8:15 a.m.
Early registration (until March 14th) for APLD & ANLD members & landscape design students only. Registration opens to the public after March 14th.
- Members: $45 until March 14th ($55 after March 14th)
- Students: $30
- Non-members: $70 (open after March 14th)
Registration is limited to 75 people, so save money and sign up early! Coffee/tea, fruit and delicious nibbles will be provided.
APLD/ANLD MEMBERS REGISTER HERE:
STUDENTS REGISTER HERE…